Friday, September 27, 2013

Hola Family - September 26, 2013

Hi Family!

How is everyone doing this fine day? I hope well. I am still here at the MTC (bet you couldn't have guessed). Its been another week with things that haven't been too special I would say. We are all just getting into the flow of classes everyday with breaks now and then. I got to go to the temple today! That is pretty nice. Every P-day morning we get to go to the temple and do temple work. It's always nice to go there. The temple here is a pink-ish color which is interesting but I like it a lot! I don't have any pictures of the temple in the light but I'll attach one in the dark for y'all! The one of me and my companion was just taken today. Then we have a picture of me pointing at the map!

I really like my teachers. Hmo Gonzalez is an awesome guy. He shares some awesome experiences from his mission a lot, speaks great English but forces us to use Spanish. It is nice being in the DR to get immersed in the language. I am enjoying that a lot!

I heard that the Utes beat BYU on Saturday! how awesome. We got to "home teach" a couple, the brother is the area doctor and they are both huge Utah fans like me! They told me that we won and how an elder lost a bet and had to sing the fight song in front of a whole district! Pretty awesome!
 
Ultimate Frisbee is a big thing here! One of the teachers loves to play so we get a group together. He is Hmo Nuñez. He is a funny guy but not my teacher. We joke around a lot and kinda have a rivalry going between us whenever we see each other, but its super fun! I have probably told you some of that but it all blurs in my head. Maybe one day I'll get it all right, but who knows!

I gave the lesson on Sunday to our quorum about patience with my companion. It was pretty good, I tried to do some in Spanish though it was not perfect of course! I now have two "investigators" to teach which are both my teachers. I have been practicing the lessons in Spanish though it is difficult to do it without notes. That is what I am trying to work on. Just talk to them. I knew a lot of the language things that we learned in the first week and they still haven't taught us verb conjugations in any tense yet, which is interesting. I can say my testimony and pray in Spanish and I try to do all my prayers in my language. What apostle said if you pray in your mission language you will learn it faster and never forget it? I am not sure but I like that a lot! I hope it rings true with me.

Oh we went to the store on Tuesday! The first time I got out of the temple compound! That was nice and tomorrow we get to go to the University and do pass along cards for people there. That is going to be hard but way fun. The store was kind of like a knock off Walmart. Had almost everything we needed. I got oreos, club crackers and that was about it. I have started my list for two weeks from now when we get to go again! That will be a fun experience! I have found out that stain remover is really important and I need to buy that next time I'm at the store. That is for sure. I just have other odds n ends that aren't essential really. I get to do wash every Wednesday and on Tuesday mornings we have devotionals. I have had two Sundays now. They start with sacrament, then district class, President teaches priesthood, then a doctrine class, then we watch a movie, eat pizza for dinner, have a district meeting/planning, and we get ice cream and walk around the temple with our cameras. That is every Sunday! Sundays are nice and then Thursdays, because they split up the repetition of the days that we have so much! 

Am, I just read your e-mail (I am reading then writing, then reading some more, in case my time ends too soon!) and that is so awesome! A boy is the greatest! I can't wait to meet him one day soon! It will be a little miracle in your arms. There is a quote in the book "Our Search for Happiness" by Elder Ballard that talks about looking into a babies eyes is the window to heaven! I know you will all see that!

I recommended that all of you read "Our Search for Happiness" by Elder Ballard because it is amazing! It's a good book for Mormons and non-Mormons a like. I read that book so fast because it is less than 150 pages. It's amazing so read it (if you want, agency and all that haha).


I will finish with this: Sé que el Evangelio de Jesucristo es verdadero. Sé que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero. Sé que familias son eternas. Sé que Jesucristo es mi Salvador y mi hermano. Estoy agradecido por Su Expiación. En el Nombre de Jesucristo. Amen.

I love you all so much. Keep on keepin' on. Sorry I can't reply to all the emails. "Keep the Faith"- Jake Grafton

Love,

Elder Chez Green
  

No comments:

Post a Comment