Thursday, May 15, 2014

May 5, 2014 - Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Wow I can truly say that now with pride now that I speak Spanish (mostly). I hope everyone is doing well! I know 5 de Mayo is a Spanish American holiday but I am practically that now. More than half my family speaks Spanish so it is all good.

I don´t believe they celebrate it here, not much anyway! It is still fun to remember. So to celebrate (but not really) I went to Megacentro. It is a mall here in the DR. Super cool and it has a lot of nice stores. I felt back in the States with the American Music and a huge mall with really nice stores. I sent a couple pictures of it but there aren´t a ton. It has a movie theater and two levels. Pretty darn awesome!

So the gift to myself was this- Nike Mercurial Indoor or Turf cleats! So awesome and I am so happy! They are black and have a white Nike logo and the words Nike. I sent pictures. I am so happy. We play soccer here a lot and I have been looking to buy some like this for a while. I finally found what I was looking for. They were about the same price as in the USA but they said they just came in, and are brand new which is awesome. I know it wasn't completely necessary but so worth it! I wanted them really bad and now I have them. I am a happy camper here!

It was perfect because I used them right after buying them. There is a futsal court in the parking garage underneath Megacentro. We got the security guard to unlock it and played there for 2 hours about. So the shoes I just bought were just used! And boy were they great! I felt like I was playing soccer normally again. Before I was using running shoes and it just isn´t the same! Now I can play and really enjoy it!

I heard RSL won on the road this week! Wahoo! Beat the Fire at the end of the game! Way to go boys. I am so excited for them. They are my team! I also have heard Liverpool is doing well. 2nd place I believe. And I got info about the world cup. I now know the groups more or less. USA has a very difficult draw. Looks like the death group but I know they can win! I will keep cheering for them here!

So today after playing soccer in the basement of Megacentro with my new cleats, we ate some good BBQ in the mall and then I got Italian Ice Cream. It was expensive but worth it. I don´t visit the malls much so I was enjoying it a lot! Then we came back and showered. Now I am sitting here feeling sore after playing so much. I played with E. Valencie and E. Jeppsen and other missionaries. It was great to see my good buddies!

So about the Valdez Family. Their date fell through again which was planned for the 17th of May. Only part of the family visited the church this Sunday so we need to wait or baptize them separate or something. We are not going to make them do anything so we will keep working with them and hope they progress. It turns out the Mom is a helper in another Church and is still visiting that one. We have been specific about praying and finding out for yourself but it looks like they haven´t been completely honest. I am not sure but we will keep going.

Samuel is still doing well! We have his baptism planned for the 24th of May, which is right after transfers. We are excited for him and he seems pretty excited as well. I just hope and pray he keeps visiting! And that he is a strong member and keeps going through his adolescents. That is what worries me a little bit but I know he can do it!

Word of the Week is rinde which is make. That is what I believe anyway!

Well time is out. I love you all tons. Keep smiling. Work hard pray hard play hard and go to church! hehe!

Love you all!

--
Love,

Elder Chez Green

No comments:

Post a Comment