Monday, June 23, 2014

June 16, 2014 - Chickengoonya!!!

Hey Family! (Side note¨Go USA!!)

Oh what joys this week (sarcastic). I came down with the new virus that comes from the mosquitoes that just got here this season. It is called the Chickengoonya and the Dominicans have the hardest time pronouncing it. That part is funny. It hasn´t been fun but I just keep on keepin´on! I have spent the last five days in the house pretty much as my companion has also been sick (maybe with the same thing, maybe not). The sickness has passed through a ton of missionaries and almost everyone in the country is getting it. It isn´t fun but you just deal with it. It takes all of your energy and gives you really bad body pain, I have a bad rash all over my body and it also gives you a fever. It is not very dangerous besides the fever, but luckily mine never really got too high, 100.9.

Thank goodness I had the thermometer though. I am starting to feel a little better but still I don´t feel great. I am just super tired. Today we went to a Pday BBQ which was fun but I just sat around in the church and talked. I am still dead tired and I didn´t even do anything. It is not super fun but I am just smiling and going along with it. Don´t worry about me because I know I will get better soon.

So transfer news is that E. Turketo and I will be together for another 8 weeks (this is a long transfer). That will be pretty cool, though we were both pretty surprised. I hope all goes well, though they could still do a special transfer as well. It always just depends. Our house of 4 will be the same which should be fun. I enjoy who I live with right now which is good!

So like I said we really haven´t worked much. Hna Dios Dery and her son both want to be baptized so we are working for June 28th or July 5th, but I think July 5th will be more practical with the sickness. Other than that, there really isn´t much going with our area. We are contacting a lot and find people but they just don´t commit much. Such is life here in the DR.

So one funny thing this week is how the DR people say chickengoonya. They can´t say it for their life so instead they say like chickboo or the thing or just make up random words. Now they are calling it the chichigwa which here in the DR is kite. They have now just changed the name entirely. So chichigwa is W o W. Ah the Dominicans.

E. Lara is leaving the zone which it will be sad to see him go. I am looking forward to meeting some new Elders. There really isn´t much to talk about. Oh I watched all the D and C movies in Spanish, as well as the testaments and the restoration movie. And I have played checkers and chess. That is about all the things I do for right now. It is boring but I just keep smiling!

I hop the World Cup is going well and that everyone is happy! Go USA! Well I love you all! Be safe!

--
Love,

Elder Chez Green

No comments:

Post a Comment