Monday, June 23, 2014

June 9, 2014 - Good Day Lovelies!

Hey everyone and I just want to say first off, that I love you all! This week was a good one with a lot going on. I got the privilege to write a long letter to Pres. Hernandez as changes or transfers are coming next week again so this may be a little shorter than usual. I can´t believe Pres. Hernandez leaves so soon!

We had a leadership meeting which was pretty cool and I enjoyed it. I learned a lot but that reminds me I need to prepare a talk for the zone. Oh goody! It was the last leader meeting until the new President comes. We will see how the change goes but I know it will be good. He comes in 1 week now I believe. Wow that is fast! The district is doing well and I did some baptismal interviews. When the people are prepared those are super spiritual events. I enjoyed them a lot and I am excited. We also did a cosecha which means harvest where we get together as a zone in an area and do contacts or visit less actives. That was great and fun, and we bonded more as a district.

I weighed myself the other day and I am at 178, right where I was at when I was 16 years old, so I would say that is good! Happy me.

I also did 2 exchanges or intercambios this week. They were both super fun. I enjoyed them and learned a lot. I made pineapple teryaki chicken for the peeps in my house which was great.

We don´t have a lot of progressing investigators right now, just Hna DiosDery and her son Enderson but they are praying about a baptismal date. I hope they keep up all the good work. I know they are super prepared which is awesome! Other than that we are working hard to find new people that are actually interested and will commit. That is a trouble here in the DR, commitment. But the good news is we have helped a lot of less actives come back to church. 

Today we went to the conde and la duarte. We visited an old catholic church and passed by some cool shops and just enjoyed ourselves. I had fun and then we napped and I also read a little about the world cup. I am super excited for it though I don´t get to see it. Oh well so swell!

W of W is aguantar which means to bear or put up with. pretty good one I would say! Well I love you all. Be safe. A special shout out to Aunt Theo and Grandma and Grandpa for always helping me out. Thanks a ton. Be safe and be sure to keep on going.

--
Love,

Elder Chez Green

PS The song dig a tunnel from Lion King 1 and a half has been stuck in my head lately. Random I know but interesting haha! Love ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment