Tuesday, December 16, 2014

November 24, 2014 - Hawaii was a Success!

First off, I got the package thanks a ton mom and dad. I enjoyed my picture book a lot. It brought back a lot of good memories wow. I truly miss my soccer team. That was some amazing times. It was great seeing the pictures of the temple as well and some others like seminary graduation. I also enjoyed reading my farewell talk. It is still weird to see the ward bulletin with Ron Mortimer´s name as Bishop but it is awesome!

So our activity was a great success. We had about 70 people show up. The only problem was getting people´s information. That didn´t work out but it was super fun. So much work though. We spent all of Friday and Saturday getting it ready. But it turned out super great! I was very happy that it turned out so well. Our mission President showed up at the end to give a small message as well. We had a great turn out and we showed the airplane and acted as if it crashed, then took the people through 3 rooms, representing each of the three glories. A lot of people liked it and had good questions. I was very happy with how it turned out but it was so much work! We had a less active who is super good at art help us make it all happen. He is a professional artist. It was super great!






We have been visiting the Pimentel family still and they are doing well, though marriage is still up in the air. 

Other than that we are trying to find new people and still working hard here! We really are trying to get the branch more stable and hopefully it will keep improving. I believe the Branch Pres. will be here every week from now on! A strong member named Eduardo got married in the temple with another member and they both have moved now sadly. But we are doing well here in Valiente. We will see what Thanksgiving and Christmas bring us though I am not sure if I will be here in Christmas.

A sad thing is our recent convert  has stopped coming to church and she hasn´t accepted our visits. That is really hard but I hope she can feel our love and the Lord´s love.

I finished reading Jesus the Christ. It was a very good book and I enjoyed it a lot! Now I am reading all the conference talks. I love the example by Elder Andersen about putting on your oxygen mask first. The talk by Pres. Uchtdorf about nature and light of a testimony is great too. And I enjoyed the talk by the sister on sacrament as well!

It has been a week that goes by pretty fast. Sometimes it is difficult to remember the good stuff. José Lusid and Marilin came to the activity which was good. We keep working with them. We are just doing our best out here and trying to improve everyday!

Too bad the Utes lost. Sounds like offense is a struggle. I hope we can beat Colorado! I hope the bball team keeps advancing and winning. The tournament sounds way cool.

I hope the trip turns out well for everyone for Thanksgiving!

Oh I went on an exchange with a new Elder Graff. His cousin served here and I knew him. He is a cool guy and I enjoyed teaching with him. It was a spiritual exchange but enjoyable.

W o W is grua which means crane. It came about telling a random made up story to Elder Ernst in the house. Ah the house is going well. I am happy. I love you all so much. Thanks for everything and all the support!

Love,

Elder Chez Green

No comments:

Post a Comment