Saturday, March 28, 2015

March 16, 2015 - Hello All!

My lovely family. So I know I have been slacking on the word of the week lately so I will start with that. It is tía abuela which means great aunt! So Aunt Theo is my tía abuela! I got a letter from her this week!
We also had the opportunity to meet Elder Clayton, from the Presidency of the 70. He was there with Elder Cornish and Elder Martinez and their wives. We got to hear them bear testimony and E. Clatyon shared some cool experiences of how the work keeps growing in the world today. It was very spiritual. Then they had the missionaries ask questions which was pretty awesome. We had the opportunity to listen to some answers to questions for about 35 minutes. It is very rare to have 3 general authorities in one place but it was great. I enjoyed it a lot and I have received some good council. Like we should always be pushing ourselves more and that we should always watch ourselves, just like it counsels us in the Book of Mormon and to make evaluations often to keep improving!
We have put a baptismal date with Jose Miguel but he couldn´t make it to church because of work. We will keep working with him though! A mother and daughter of 50 and 26 came to church together. We will keep working with them as well and it should be great. There are others and we had a fair amount of investigators at church again. We are getting references as well and each night this week we will have a mission activity, starting Tuesday. So we can find more people ready to progress. Our families that need to get married still don´t have the desire but we pray that they will have it soon, and then we can work it all out.
Today we played soccer in the gym and ah was it great. It was short, maybe like an hour but it reminded me of the Red Hot FC days. Ah I miss those days and those guys. I imagine that most of them are home from their missions now! Wow time flies!
I have had a craving lately for Thai food. Ah some yellow and green curry sounds delicious. But not to be for now sadly.
My comp is from Nicaragua. His name is Elder Areas. His family are members but he is the first missionary. He is a good guy. We are doing fine. We will keep working hard here in Villa! I have no leadership position now. Just a normal missionary. He is new to the area but has 4 months in the mission.
March Madness is here wahoo. Darn the Utes lost last second and will not have as great of a seed but I hope all is well! A 5 seed is still fun, though upset watch status!

Oh crazy news. Elder Turketo is in Valiente as a Zone Leader! That is where I served as Zone Leader. ha ha he is following my footsteps. Pretty sweet!
Well that´s all for now. Love you tons. Especially those that need it extra this week!

Love,

Elder Chez Green


No comments:

Post a Comment