Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August 25, 2014 - It's not raining, it's pouring!

Hello my lovely family! (I sound like Jay with that starting line, anyways)

Well today was a good day and now I will tell you all about it, along with my week. Today I woke up and started to wash some clothes. Then cleaned a little bit. At about 11 20 we left to La Caleta, which is the area right next to ours (their area includes the airport). There is where we got together with about 14 missionaries and played soccer as well as some Skip-Bo! (yes you read that right, I found Skip-Bo in the house and I have claimed it. Now I just need to find Uno and I am set!) It was a fun Pday and then we went and ate PicaPollo or fired chicken. After that, we decided to walk back to the house, but cross the highway and walk by the ocean. We got the nice sea smells and it was relaxing. I enjoyed it a lot. Then I showered and we are now here at the internet. A good Pday and I was happy to get out of the house, because in the morning it was raining hard. Today was cloudy too.

So to the subject line now. This week it has rained a ton! I think there is a storm passing around. Saturday was super rainy. So rainy that we made the decision not to leave, because it wouldn´t be safe or very productive. It was hard because we had appointments but we wouldn´t have made it very well. So we stayed in. We had just finished an intercambio or exchange so the other Elder´s didn´t make it back to their house. They had to cross the highway, and to do it in the rain and at night is dangerous so they crashed the night with us. We put our beds together and slept 3 and 3. It wasn´t very comfortable and I wasn´t feeling super great but we survived! While we were waiting for the rain we ended up playing card games and what not, to see if the rain would stop but it didn´t. So it has been a rainy week! But it has really helped the climate stay cooler so that isn´t bad. My stomach has been giving me some little issues but I am trucking on!

WoW is susurro which means whisper! Siga el susurro del EspĂ­ritu!

So on Saturday night the rain was pouring and we hadn´t had electricity for 2 days. They turned it on Saturday night. But there was a fault, or the voltage was too high. So we saw a glowing light and we looked out the door and saw everyone screaming. It turns out the transformer was overloading. Then it exploded and started an electrical fire. We just stayed in the house but we could see the glow of the flames. It was super interesting. Then they turned off the power and the fire went out in that instant. An hour later it came on again and the same thing started. But they then fixed it. It was super interesting! But we just stayed in the house and we are all safe now!

So we have a baptism planned for Friday! We feel she is ready to go and we are looking forward to it. We are also excited to invite our other investigators that are progressing. Especially Luis David and Guillermina. Yesterday we had a very spiritual sacrament meeting and I really enjoyed it. It helped because I got a talk from Amberlee that talked about how to better prepare for Sacrament meeting. I enjoyed that a lot. I also got my birthday letter from Aunt Theo. Thank you to her!

I got the package as well! Thank you so much. Some delicious treats as well as some needed things. Wahoo!

Tough RSL lost but they will keep plugging along I know it!

There are about 250 total missionaries in our mission.

This week we get to meet Elder Hugo Martinez who is the 2nd counselor here in the Caribbean now. He is in the 2nd Quorum of the 70. That should go well. We have a meeting on Wed. And then Thursday another meeting for all the Leaders.

Well I love you all so much. Thanks for everything! Lots of love to all my peeps!

--
Love,

Elder Chez Green

No comments:

Post a Comment