Sunday, August 2, 2015

July 13, 2015 - Hello All!

So as of tomorrow I will officially be in my ¨Golden Transfer¨as they say or the last transfer. I will be receiving a new companion named Elder Rush. He is from the USA. I am sad to see E. Castro go because we had a lot of fun, we worked very hard and it was just an awesome transfer. He is sad to go as well!

Today we played some basketball and my comp packed while I cleaned the house. All is well really. This week some funny and crazy stuff has happened. A couple days ago I was walking when something hit me in the head. I knew right away what it was. Yep you guessed it, pigeon poop. Right in the crown of my head. Yuck! luckily I had a bottle of water and quickly poured it on my head. Then my comp also helped me pour it while I tried to rub it out. And we were far from the house, so I just tried to forget about it and move on til I got home that night to shower ha ha. But here they say that you get rich if that happens to you so eh, maybe its worth it ha ha!

We also saw an awesome miracle this week. We have been working with Mariana. She is 80 yrs old and her daughter is a member. She has been coming to church for a while. She doesn´t know how to read, but her daughter reads with her. She committed to baptism a little while back but we found out last week that she drinks coffee so we talked to her about it. She has done it since she was 5 yrs old. But we explained that in order to be baptized she had to obey the Word of Wisdom (no coffee alcohol drugs tea tobacco). She said that she would live it and we gave her a blessing so she could overcome it. She has started making natural teas in he morning and she says that it is a sacrifice but that she is done with coffee. Her baptismal interview is tomorrow and her baptism should be this Sunday evening! We are so excited, though my comp is sad to be leaving.

Transfers are crazy but all is well really. A lot of the appointments fell through this week and it was a little tough but on Sunday we found some cool families we are going to start to teach. That is the objective of the Gospel, help families be together forever! So great.

I got the package from the Wilkinsons. So great thank you very much. Big shout out! I am doing well and I am happy!

Looks like everyone is getting new jobs nowadays eh? Congrats to all!

Well time is up and flying. I love you all. Until next week I`m over and out! 

Love,

Elder Chez Green

No comments:

Post a Comment